Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I know exactly what you mean. I will feel great for a few days, then think
      I can dive back into “my real life.” After I’ve pushed to hard, I find out
      that I bit off more than I could chew and feel lousy the next day. It
      is very hard to pace myself! This time of year there is always too much
      to do in too little time….and it’s stuff you tend to WANT to do.

Glynis

Anonymous

I had a day of the “blue dismals” the other day. It was the same day Jake posted his philosophy of walking our own paths (and no, Jake, I didn’t get the dismals because of the post!). It helped a lot to have that post in mind. What a wierd problem this Graves is. I mean, I KNEW why I was feeling the way I did, and that helped a lot. But I was still emptying the dishwasher with tears streaming down my face, and feeling utterly put upon by my family. Geesh. Well, I kept telling myself this was just part of the process. It helped that my husband came up and gave me a hug. I took myself off to a long, scented bath, and went to bed. The next day was better.

What I’ve noticed is that I tend to get this way when I’ve pushed myself too much. If I get overtired, my system REALLY goes amok. This ties in with some of the posts recently about feeling frustrated about not being able to DO our normal things. Well, at this point, I can’t. I have to prioritize. When I get too tired, it gets worse. And despite the holiday season, I guess I’m going to have to get a good grip on priorities. Just because I’m feeling pretty good most of the time, doesn’t mean I can disregard the fact that my energy levels are not what they normally are. Phooey.

Thanks to all on this board for insights and coping mechanisms. It helps.

Bobbi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.