Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi everybody! It’s been so great for me to find this BB. I have felt so alone and finding you guys has been comforting. I was severely hyper thyroid when my graves was discovered. Shaking, fast pulse, muscle weakness, fatigued, mental confusion, I thought I was falling apart. Anyway, I had the RAI and it’s been 1 full year now. I have JUST got my first normal bloodwork back, so I guess the replacement medicine is doing what it’s suppose to. My doc says I should be just fine, as all my test are back to normal. Problem is, is that I’m not. I’m still really tired and sometimes it’s hard to walk, cuz my legs are so sore. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be back to Normal? Sounds like some of you still have symptoms even after treatment. My doc said I don’t have a thyroid anymore, so I don’t really have a thyroid disease anymore. I’m not pleased with him, but not many endos to choose from. Sorry for the long message. Wanted to introduce myself. Thanks!

Anonymous

I was just to my endo today the ptu is working, my thyroid tests are normal
        but even more important I have been feeling better latly,
        No more shaking so bad I can’t write , no more knees shaking when i stand
        being able to sit still for longer than 10 seconds!! Things aren’t perfect,
        and I know that symptoms may return and remission may or may not be possible after years on ptu,
        The endo keeps on gently reminding me that I was very hypo from the graves
        and the remmission rate is better for less hyper.
        but for now I am ok and that is good enough for me.

I remember when first posting to the bb a month or so ago, I was angry, terrified
        and just about losing it, what a big change. Reading the bb each day is a great comfort.
        I am so glad it is here!

Thanks everyone.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.