Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have had ice cold feet ever since I went hypo. My endo put me back on my beta blocker but increased it from 60 mg daily to 80 mg daily. The phamplet that came with it says, this drug can cause your extremities to get cold. But if I stop taking this drug my heart will race faster ( it goes over 170), my heart will beat irregular, my jerks gets worse. Do all beta blockers cause cold extrememties or just this one? I need this med for my heart . I can always wear 20 pairs of socks but a new heart?

Anonymous

Hi, Tired:

I don’t know if they are all alike, or not. Have you tried asking a pharmacist? They might know.

B,

Anonymous

Hi, we can’t mention names on the BB but I found your comments interesting. I am on a beta blocker and have been for years. It starts with “I” or “P” depending on which name you use. I take 40 mg three times a day. I am always cold. Always – even after walking or exercising. I am not hypo, my levels are in the high normal range. I checked on the net to see if being cold was a side effect to this beta blocker I am on. Nothing said about it but it sure would answer some questions because my poor husband goes crazy running around in a T-shirt while I am bundled up like we are on a ski vacation!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.