Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi Kendra

There is no telling what the eye problems are going to be like for you in the future, it is pretty much independent of the thyroid levels. Just keep getting regular checks with your Ophthalmologist so he can keep track of it and watch for Glaucoma and nerve problems. For me, the eye bulging came on kinda slow and it got bad before I realized what was going on and now I do have some nerve damage from it.

The odds are you won’t have any major problems with the eye disease but do have it watched.

I must wear sunglasses myself outside. If I don’t, everything turns pink when I come in out of the sun. I also have some loss of my color vision, the color vision seemed to be a good indicator for me of how bad my eyes were during the course of this disease.

Bruce

Anonymous

I am lucky .. I have not had serious problems with my eyes. My eye doctor actually said my vision was better. However I do have pain ,itching,and dry eyes. Also I cannot go out without sunglasses.. Sometimes I have to wear them inside too. Again no endo told me that eyes could continue to deteriorate. They only said that bulging eyes were a symptom that they implied would go away after treatment. Can anybody tell me what to expect ?? I was diagnosed 4 1/2 years ago and no normal blood levels.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.