Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Online Facilitator

Would you be interested in attending a support group meeting in Austin TX? If so, please use this link to contact us with your preferred timing and any suggestions for a location!

(Note on links: if you click directly on the following link, you will need to use your browser’s “back” button to return to the boards after viewing, or you will have to log back in to the forum. As an alternative, you can right-click the link and open it in a new tab or new window).

http://gdatf.org/about/contact/

The meeting would be on May 4th or May 5th.

We already have a few people interested, and will be working over the next couple of weeks to find a time/location that works for the majority.

Austin was selected because the GDATF will exhibiting at the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists annual scientific meeting & clinical congress. If you are interested in leading a support group meeting in your own community, please use the above link to let us know!

Note: This is an edited version of my original post, which also asked if anyone was interested in a meeting in Orlando, but the Orlando date has already passed, so I removed that info.

klassey

Orlando

Kimberly
        Online Facilitator

Hi Klassey – There was not much interest for Orlando, but if you would like to do an informal coffee meeting, send an e-mail to info@gdatf.org, and we will set something up!

Kimberly
          Online Facilitator

@Klassey – Sorry we were not able to connect; I am back home now. I love FL, so would love to set something up if I make it back there again!

klassey

Thanks Kimberly, I’m sure we will get together some day. Sorry I missed it.

Gail

Kimberly
              Online Facilitator

So far, I have an email list with several people who are interested in a support group meeting in Austin, TX on May 4th or 5th.

Please email info@gdatf.org if you would like to be added to the list for updates.

Also, if you are familiar with the Austin area, do you have any suggestions for a meeting spot (like a coffee shop or library) that is near the convention center and has seating for 8-10 and good parking? I am hoping to get the location nailed down soon.

Thanks so much!

tajkoont

I really would love to attend a support group. I am in Indiana. I think my husband would as well. He needs spousal support. :-)

Is there anything in the Midwest? I would travel as well if enough people could go. Sorry, I just saw this post.

Kimberly
                  Online Facilitator

@tajkoont – We don’t currently have a support group near Indiana, but if you might be interested in starting one (it’s especially helpful if you have an endocrinologist, ophthalmologist, endocrine surgeon, etc. who would be willing to help), let us know, and we can walk you through the application process!

You can reach us at info@gdatf.org or at 877-643-3123.

Ashrahope

Hi! I’m new, but i saw this post. If there are any more meetings in Texas I would love to go!

Kimberly
                      Online Facilitator

Hello and welcome – We actually only had one person show up. She was a Hashi’s patient who had a LOT on her plate at that time, but said that she might be interested in getting a local group going at some point. She was OK with me sharing her contact info, so if you want to email info@gdatf.org, I can put you in touch.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.