Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi- New to the forum but struggling with living with Graves!
      Got my thyroid removed 3 years ago due to severe graves (huge goider as well). The first year was HELL but finally dialed in the correct medication dosage. Things seem to be reverting now…? I’m on 125mcg Synthroid and 10mcg Cytomel. My T3/T4 are all normal range but my TSH is BDL. In the past few months I’ve gained 8lbs (I work out daily, fast daily and watch what I eat), my eyes have started to bulge again and I’m tired allllll the time. Has anyone experienced this? If so what did they do about it??
      Thanks for reading!

Kimberly
      Online Facilitator

Hello and welcome – this group isn’t super active, so you might also post this in our Facebook group to get some additional feedback.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1419773924748394

It’s very rare for Graves’ to recur after surgery, but can happen if there is living tissue left behind. These days, most surgeons do a total (or near-total) thyroidectomy to reduce this risk. It’s more common that a dose change with thyroid hormone replacement might be needed over time. Has your doctor reviewed your labs and made any recommendations regarding doseage? If you are starting to see eye symptoms crop up, definitely make an appointment with an experienced ophthalmologist – and make sure they know about your history of Graves’.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.