Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lori,

I have glocoma and Graves. The disk cup problem you are talking about is a very common thing with Graves Disease. What that means is where the optic nerve attaches to the eyeball it is being pulled back. Kind of like pulling the end of a balloon through your fingers. If the disk to cup ratio is to high it causes problems i.e. if the cup is too deep compared to the size of the optic nerve (disk) then it can be harmful to your sight. I take eye drops to drop the pressure.

Drop a note if you have further questions.

Jake

Anonymous

Hi, I also developed glaucoma with the eye problems but was told it was a result of massive doses of prednisone taken for a long period of time. Cataracts were also blamed on prednisone.

Anonymous

Hi. I’m so happy I found this bulletin board!
          When I was diagnosed with Graves, it took almost 2 months to be able to see an opthomologist at the HMO I’m with. By the time they decided to see me, my eyes felt like they were going to explode. When I saw the opthomologist, he also told me I have glaucoma and a damaged (cupped) optic nerve. I feel I got the glaucoma or optic nerve damage because they took so long to treat me.
          Has anyone else developed glaucoma as a result of Graves?
          THANKS!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.