Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Greetings all,

I wanted to let you know that we are in the process of trying to change things
      a little bit. When we first started the BB we showed all message and it took
      forever to load because of the volumn of questions we were getting so we started
      to show the last 30 days of postings. This too became very large and we started
      showing the lase seven days postings with a note at the top of the page to click
      and see the last 30 days of posting. You cann see all the messages by going to
      the last message and reading it. At the end of the last message you will see a
      link to first message. This is the first message I posted that started this whole
      thing back in June of this year.

The message board has changed quite a bit since June as we have grown. Archie and
      Annette have said we have between 600 and 1000 hits a day to the support group
      message page (not all are Graves hits) for all the support groups listed in the
      support-group.com home page. We at the National Graves Disease Foundation did not
      anticipate such a hugh response. We try to answer all postings but many of the
      postings are very similar. If you go to the NGDF home page (there is a link at the
      top of the message board) you will see links to the frequently asked questions for
      Graves disease. We are in the process of updating the FAQ list. The NGDF bullitens
      are being added to the homepage as well. So is the NDGF application so you will not
      need to mail off to us to get what will be on the internet for you to download in
      the comfort of your own home.

Archie and Annette are doing this for us free of charge and are doing this in their spare
      time and we thank them very much for it. You will see more changes as time goes by and the
      NGDF homepage is being redone by Annette to make it easier to see everything and links
      will send you to where you need to go. Plese take the time if you are newly diagnosed to
      read all the posts. You will see a lot of repeat questions but you will also see answers,
      dispair, hope, encouragement but most of all you will see a common thread of understanding
      and compassion. Understanding is the key! There are not many folks out there who can
      relate to what bothers us, worries us, or how we see OURSELVES. We understand and we can
      provide an ear to listen and maybe even provide answers and recommendations. Bruce, Dianne,
      Debbie, Rachel, Nancy and myself are all volunteers who try to help out others like us.
      Nancy is our Director. I will post more latter. Until then hang in there.

REgards,
      Jake George
      on-line support group
      facilitator

Anonymous

Greetings all,

Well it has been a busy week on the old BB. Welcome to all new folks
        and hello to all old (?) folks. I have send some of you answers
        individually so hopefully I will get all the mail answerd and add comments
        to Bruce’s STUFF (thanks Bruce).

I entered a previous post on prisms but here is a brief. Ground prisms are
        great. Go for the high index plastic and e-mail me for a frame that is great
        of folks with GD.

Secondary glocoma; Some folks have asked if marijuana would help. Belive it
        or not I have had a lot of conversations with folks and doctors on this subject.
        Survey says!!! NOPE to DOPE. Most people did not experence any relief and in
        many cases it agravated their eyes and did not help. Plus secondary munchies
        is not a good thing. The eye drops for glocoma have THC in them which is the
        active ingredient in POT so use the drops if prescribed and keep away from the
        pot. I must admit I thought about it myself thats why I started asking questions.

Radiation and distance: How far to stay away is up to your doctor and the lenght
        of time as well. I was told a longer time and distance than most. Use common sense.
        And follow your doctors advice.

This is a tougher one. Dentists and GD. Well the jury is out on that one. I have
        not been able to find much on the subject other than Ann’s post and what my dentist
        told me as well as some folks in my local group. Take it for what it’s worth it can
        not be found in writing. My dentist said he would watch my soft tissue and gums now
        that I have had radiation. Also said he would hold off any dental work needed until
        after the RAI. Look for a future item in the NGDF news letter that is sent
        out quarterly. If you are not a member go to the top of the message board and send
        in a sase for a application. Applications will be on line soon in the home page.

I will write more latter. I have a wicked sinus infection and the screen is killing
        my eyes.

Regards,
        Jake
        on-line facilitator

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.