Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Well…I did it. In about 10 minutes, it will be 72 hours since treatment. Thanks in part to this board, there were no surprises. I had 13.5 millicuries and am told I had “moderate” GD.

I am still very frustrated that 3 Dr’s didn’t think that my eyes were bad enough for the steroid because I am still concerned. They are 15mm and 16mm, which I know is mild, but there is a definate widening/startled appearance which I am not liking. I am very worried about it.

Other than that, it has been okay. I had worse symptoms Tuesday and Wednesday. I start PTU this Saturday and I am taking Atenolol. Okay…to my question…I am told I’d feel worse before better. I did and I feel better today. I am going away in the next two weeks…do I need to worry that I will feel awful then? I hope that made sense.

Finally, I have slept alone and took all the precautions advised for 3 nights…is it really okay to be around my husband and cat? I still feel cautious…

Thanks

Anonymous

Catherine,
        I was given generic instructions re: RAI. I DID NOT get them from the Doc, so I do not know if they are true?
        I was told to drink a lot of water for three days. I was told I could eat anything but seafood, but to not eat a lot of fat?
        A friend said she was told not to smoke immediately after or for three days?
        So, WHAT is true? I can see the water, but the fat ( stomach ) and smoking ( lungs ) ? What about over the counter meds like Tylenol? What about a beer?

I have RAI soon, so I guess they will tell me. Anyway,there is
        no problem , but I would like to get the “real” story, and plan to drink a lot of water which I do anyway. Lin

Anonymous

Thanks Lin. I don’t know what is right either. I have had a lot of water, stayed away from everyone (until this morning), etc. but I still have questions too. Like tanning in an artificial bed – I have my weekly appt. tomorrow. I haven’t had any alcohol since a few weeks before RAI but tonight I am going out with friends and I plan to have some. Next weekend I am visiting friends for a “girls” weekend and we typically drink and smoke cigarettes – do I have to refrain from that or am I okay to go about normally? Perhaps I’ll never know. I do know I feel better than I thought I would.

Anonymous

Catherine!
            Didn’t the doctor TELL you what to do or what NOT to do ? That seems really scary!! I go TODAY at 11:00 ( EST ) for my capsule. The children will be with my parents for the week-end, and I plan to clean house, read, and see some videos. I DO NOT know what to expect, what to do ( or not to do ), ETC. I have heard some people say they “couldn’t tell any difference”, and went about their lives as before during the isolation. But I have not heard any CONCRETE instructions…I am a rule follower. Lin

Anonymous

Of course they did Lin. It is the “after” 3-4 days I am concerned with. I guess it is my own paranoia the even thought time has passed, I might still pass radiation on to others. The folks at nuclear medicine were very thorough as was the Dr. By the way I was told I could do everything normally this morning including tanning.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.