Anonymous

Fibromyalgia is “a syndrome of widespread pain involving mainly muscle, but also
    tendons, ligaments, bursa and joints.” It is also know as fibrositis, myofibrositis,
    fibromysositis, nonrestorative sleep disorder, nonarticuylar rheumatism, myofacial
    pain syndrome and tension myalgia. Some of the symptoms are: Widespread muscle pain,
    Fatigue, Stiffness, numbness, weakness, Swelling, Poor sleep, cold intolerance, headaches
    joint pain, tendinitis and tingling. There are bunches more. Now, I had all that and was
    diagnosed with Graves’! Ick! Poor sleep is a biggie, and your pain must occur for a long
    time straight…like months. The final diagnosis is done by examining the presence of
    Tender points. There are 18 of them on the body. When these puppies are palpated they
    hurt like crazy, not just ouch, but ooooooouuuucccchhhhh!

My concern has more to do with the combination of Graves’ and fibromyalgia. Like, if the
    Graves’ is under control should I have the other? Since lack of sleep is a biggie, I suspect
    that the fibromyalgia is a product of the lack of sleep and that lack of sleep is really the Graves’
    Forgive me….now I ramble on and on. My hope is that once the Graves’ is in check the
    fibromyalgia will go away as well. thanks…Carolyn