Anonymous

Claudia,

The RAI did not bother me one bit. My skin peeled a few times but it was a
    minor problem. Only you can decide what to do but I found the RAI the best
    option for me. Go to the top of this BB and look at the links on the Graves
    page. There is a lot of info on RAI and other treatments. Take notes and ask
    questions.

Just a point of interest that some of you may want to try. I too used to sit
    in doctor’s offices for hours waiting to be seen. I started to call the doctor’s
    office before I left work to see if he/she was on schedule. If they were really
    behind I would ask them what time they wanted me to come in so I did not have to
    wait. I have found the doctor’s staff very responsive to this and believe it or
    not they begin to remember and now call me if the doc is behind. I had one doc
    who was habitually late and no amount of calling ahead helped. I found a new doc
    and wrote him a nice letter telling him why I left. I received a nice letter back
    and was asked to come back as a patiant. I didn’t go back but at least the doc
    got the message. I still refer folks with GD to him and tell them they may have to
    wait but he is an excellent doc and worth the wait if they can spare the time.

Hope this helped. My mind is a bit frazzled. My dad’s cancer is out of remission
    and it has spread to his bones and it has ruined my whole week (not to mention Dads).
    Sorry for rambeling on but I get on the net when I have a break and have to type and
    think faster than I can sometimes.

Take care.
    Jake