Anonymous

I’ve been waiting for some of those here who had the surgery to weigh in — and they haven’t.

So — I have not had the surgery. But there have been posts in the past which addressed the question you asked about it. You could try running a “Search” using the word “Strabismus” or “Strabismus Surgery” which I think is the term used in the posts.

If I remember correctly, Jake has had this surgery, and described it, early in the Board’s existence. The patient is alert, and aware (if numbed) during the surgery, and gives the doctor information about how his adjustments to the eye muscles are affecting their vision. Jake indicated that it is a rather benign surgery (as surgeries go), inasmuch as it does not involve a general anesthesia, and that it did help. Whether or not the doctor is able to eliminate double vision probably depends significantly upon the degree of the problem.

I hope this helps, and I also hope that one of the folks who have had the surgery comes online and posts to you to give you encouragement.

Wishing you a happy holiday,
    Bobbi — NGDF Online Facilitator