Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Oh I just wanted to comment about the Coke. I drink way to much soda. I know I do for sure. although I dont have it in the house and wont allow the kids to drink it but on occasion or if we’re out, I have gotten better only because I calculated how much I was drinking in ounces and how much that added up per year in lbs.

Diet or not doesn’t really matter to me, i personally wont eat any artificial sweetener at all. would rather stick with what I know (sugar) and just eat it in moderation.

If you take a bottle of soda and look at what the ounces is on it mine says 20 fluid ounces. Lets just say that I drank one of those every week to say the least.
      So 20 ounces is 1 pound 4 ounces per week Times(x’s) 52 weeks = 1040 ounces per year which is 65 pounds PER YEAR. That is what made me not drink so much of it. That is an extra 65 lbs that i didn’t need to try to work off after my Graves was under control.

Not sure this perspective will help but since you were saying that you were looking at not eating/drinking things that were badfor you and this might be your last vise…this is a very heavy vise to say the least. Is it the caffeine you are craving from it? If so a cup of coffee in the morning or espresso in the morning and one right after dinner might be better for you then all that soda. I know it seems like such a little amount (65lbs) and we work off calories all the time BUT why would you put your already sick body through more work? It already has to absorb properly and break down things and do so much, why give it more to do. Just my opinion hope it helps.

ohiolady

I was diagnosed with GD 3 weeks ago by my family doctor and he gave me a flu shot right then. He referred me to an endo and said the endo would want me to have it. I Don’t know your medical history but that is what happened for me.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.