Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Online Facilitator

Hi Shirley – This isn’t one of the books on the GDATF’s reading list, as that list only includes books written by doctors. However, I let the above post go because one of the eye docs who spoke at a past conference mentioned the book.

Certainly, any recommended therapies in the book that seem to be “off the beaten path” need to be thoroughly researched first and administered by an experienced physician.

snelsen

I couldn’t agree more. That is why I sent the 2nd post. However, I have looked at our list, and I cannot find a good synopsis of TED. I don’t recall the name of the reference you provided right now, but it had two ways to read it, different sets of pages. I read the entire chapter on TED. As I recall, surgery was not mentioned. I will go to our list again. And, if you have a ready reference, that clearly explains TED from start to finish, please send it on.
        Shirley

Kimberly
        Online Facilitator

Hi Shirley – This is a reading list for physicians, but the Wiersinga/Kahaly book at the very bottom of the list is really well written. Each chapter is in a Q&A format, and while there is some medical jargon, most of it is very readable for a lay person.

(Note on links: if you click directly on the following links, you will need to use your browser’s “back” button to return to the boards after viewing, or you will have to log back in to the forum. As an alternative, you can right-click the link and open it in a new tab or new window).

http://gdatf.org/about/about-graves-disease/reading-list-for-physicians/

Take care!

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.