Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Online Facilitator

Please save the date for two exciting events!

Tuesday, July 31st 5-9 p.m. – Celebrate the conclusion of the Greater Than Graves’ ride by joining us at this Patient Education Worshop hosted by the Let’s Face It Together Foundation. Event will be held at the QB3 – California Institute for Quantitative Biosciences, 1700 4th Street, 214 Byers Hall

Friday, October 26th – Sunday, October 28th – 2012 Patient & Family Conference at the beautiful Kona Kai Resort & Spa in San Diego, CA!

More details (including registration and hotel rates) will be posted soon as they become available.

http://gdatf.org/news/new-events-in-ca/

(Note on links: if you click directly on the above link, you will need to use your browser’s “back” button to return to the boards after viewing. As an alternative, you can right-click the link and open it in a new tab or new window).

snelsen

Hooray!! I am saving the date!To all in the forum, this is a maevelous conference. Well worth the time and expense if you can do it. Plus, meeting people who have become new and close friends on this forum.
        Shirley

Kimberly
        Online Facilitator

Hi all – Here’s some additional detail on the San Francisco event:

(Note on links: if you click directly on the following links, you will need to use your browser’s “back” button to return to the boards after viewing, or you will have to log back in to the forum. As an alternative, you can right-click the link and open it in a new tab or new window).

https://gdatf.org/site_media/uploads/gdatf-lfit_event_san_francisco_7-31.pdf

This will be a great opportunity to learn more about Graves’, network with fellow patients and doctors, and meet the “Greater Than Graves'” team!

The event is free, but advance RSVPs are required due to space limitations and security restrictions at UCSF, so please RSVP to Wendy as soon as possible (her contact info is on the second page of the flyer) if you would like to attend.

Hope to see you there!

brawson

I have my reservation for the “Let’s Face it together” meeting and am very excited about it. I also made hotel reservations for the October event and look forward to networking. I feel a great need to gather information from a variety of sources. I am 1 1/2 years with TED and still in the active stage. I don’t like to complain but my discomfort is great. The light sensitivity and burning gritty eyes have limited my driving and enjoyment of the outdoors and life in general. My appearance robs me of my confidence with people. I am facing surgery if I can get past this active stage and I want information. I want to take reins and not let this disease take control of my life. I anticipate learning a great deal and expanding my sources of information and options.

Barbara

snelsen

WHERE in California is the July 31 event? I read both sites, maybe I am missing it completely, but I have no idea where it is.

I am not referring to the October convention. I know that is in San Diego.:|:|
              Shirley

Kimberly
              Online Facilitator

@Barbara – I’ll be at the event on 7/31 as well…looking forward to meeting you!

@Shirley – The 7/31 event is in San Francisco…if you click on the link above, you can get the full address.

snelsen

Got it! THanks. Unfortunately< I cannot attend the SF event. I am on my way to Sun Valley to visit my kids on that day. (With several pairs of sun glasses for my photophobia!>)
                  I plan to enroll in the San Diego conference today. I sure hope there are some talks about TED! My last four surgeries were total failures, not only that, they came with complications, giving me more problems.
                  Shirley

brawson

I will look for you, Kimberly. You have been a great source of information through this forum and I would like to thank you in person.

Barbara

Kimberly
                    Online Facilitator

@Barbara – Thanks for the kind words! Looking forward to meeting you as well!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.