Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi there

I was diagnosed with Grave’s Disease last year with my T4 levels at 100+. Thankfully I responded really well to the medication and came off them all two weeks ago.

Even though my levels are all fine, I still feel incredibly tired all the time; sleep has become my new best friend. Can anyone relate to this? If so, does it eventually leave? I’ve been trying to start running but my legs just don’t want to work and carry me home to bed instead. Mentally, I feel fine but I have no energy to do anything and it’s beginning to take its toll on my mood.

I would love to hear from anyone who has experienced this feeling.

Best wishes

Kate

Kimberly
      Online Facilitator

Hello – It can certainly take some time to re-build muscle strength after an illness like Graves’, but it might be worth talking to your general practitioner about the fatigue and muscle weakness just to rule out any other possible issues.

It can also be helpful to get a hard copies of your latest labs. The “normal” range is fairly wide, and just because your levels are normal, does not mean they are *optimal* for you. Some patients find that they feel better at the middle of the range, some at the upper end, etc..

Take care!

Carito71

Welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on lowering your #s. I’m still on the Methimazole so I haven’t gotten to were you are yet.

You mentioned that you are off the Rx. Are you on remission then? Did your Dr. tell you? Did he check your TSI? Just curious. I’m looking forward to getting there myself :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.