Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

It looks like the methimizole is working after one year. I asked about the RAI but she was concerned about Teds. Go back in 3 months and wants to get my TSH up to 5.00 and then start cutting down on the 5mg I take daily now. Hoping for remission! :):) also found out my Anxiety is what causing a lot of my emotions and we all should be careful what we read online..

My results:

TSH 1.19
      T4 1.4
      T3 2.8
      TPA 144

AzGravesGuy

Congratulations on a successful treatment thus far! It is always encouraging to read about people that are doing well with their chosen course of treatment.

Anxiety is a beast that disguises itself in many forms. Kudos to you for recognizing it and being aware!

I hope you continue to improve and please keep us updated!

Rob

Momof5

Wow! That is great news! Gives me hope. Congrats.

Kimberly
          Online Facilitator

Hello – Keep in mind that different labs can use different “normal” ranges, so the actual numbers are only useful in the context of your lab’s range. Are you right in the middle? At the upper end? The lower end? And where are you compared to your last set of labs?

Any reason why your doc selected a specific target for TSH? The medical guidance from the American Thyroid Association and American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (which you can find in the “Treatment Options” thread) recommends using Free T4/T3 to make dosing decisions with Methimazole. I would at least ask the question to make sure you understand her recommendations and the reasoning behind it.

Take care!

fishman

Thanks to all! Not there yet! But it was a long year so far! Go back in 3 months and hopefully I can chop these 5mg in half!

fishman

Yes! I’m keeping track of my labs! The end of January my results were off and they improved this month. Using TSH cause my T4 and T3 are in-range now and My TSH just needs to boost some. In January my TSH was higher and we reduced the medicine. You also can’t believe everything you read on line?! They teach that in the medical field as well. I do know that I am improving so far and my labs comes from Quest! I will ask her the questions if I see a change in my T3, T4 next time. Thanks…

Kimberly wrote:
                Hello – Keep in mind that different labs can use different “normal” ranges, so the actual numbers are only useful in the context of your lab’s range. Are you right in the middle? At the upper end? The lower end? And where are you compared to your last set of labs?

Any reason why your doc selected a specific target for TSH? The medical guidance from the American Thyroid Association and American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (which you can find in the “Treatment Options” thread) recommends using Free T4/T3 to make dosing decisions with Methimazole. I would at least ask the question to make sure you understand her recommendations and the reasoning behind it.

Take care!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.