Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Diane,

I also was released from my endo as soon as I went hypo. She prescribed a dose for me and on my next visit, approx. 6 weeks later, she released me. Said my levels were normal and she had picked the “perfect” dose for me. I asked my PCP to check me again, which didn’t happen. I have changed to a new internist and am awaiting results of tests of TSH, 9 months post RAI. I go strong for a a couple of days to a couple of weeks and then I’m down. I don’t think it’s all from TSH, but not sure.

One day at at time!

Trish

Anonymous

I would like to thank all of you that responded to my post. I see my ENT on Wednesday along with my Interinist. We will be discussing my next roll in treatment and the medicines that I’m currently taking. I want to make sure that NOT taking ANY type of thyroid medicine is good for me. I also want to know if she feels I need a new Endo doctor. I trust my interinst, my Endo I had wasn’t the greatest but when your scared of what’s going on you continue with that person until they kick you out the door. I’ll keep you all posted to what happens next week. I know this has all heen way to stressful on me, I can feel it all over my body. Hope everyone else is having a good day. Diane

Anonymous

Hi, Trish:

I live part of the year in the mountains, and part in the city where my endocrinologist has her office. There have been two or three occasions when another doctor would read a blood test, aauthorize a change in my replacement hormone dose. I would always wait until I could get in touch with my endo. I have found that the recommendations always were the same, whether the doctor was a GP or an internist: I mean they always agreed with what my endo would recommend as well.

So, once we have been through the rocky diagnosis/treatment phase of things, I have a feeling that any good doctor may be capable of monitoring our replacement dose well.

I continue to see my endocrinologist once a year because I like her, and I trust her. I can get in to see her on a moment’s notice, too. But, if I moved, or something happened to her, I might not try to establish myself with another endo unless there were problems that I thought were related to thyroid issues that were not being adequately examined.
          Bobbi — NGDF Online Facilitator

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.