Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Can someone interpret these results for me? I’m kinda lost looking at these..

THYROID PEROXIDASE AB
      <10 reference <35

Thyrotropin receptor AB serum
      38 reference < or =16 Also wondering if the TSI should be tested since I don’t see it on my panel. Thank you. D

Harpy

As I am reading your post, looks like
        Peroxidase ab’s are ok value of 10 and range of less than 35

Thyrotropin AB’s still a bit high value of 38 and range should be less than 16

Thyrotropin receptor AB’s
        aka TSI, TSHr AB’s, TRab’s
        There is a number of names they go under, so your test is for TSI, no need for another test.

Stymie

So the first one was a test for hashi, and the second a test for graves?

Just trying to get this all straight in my head….

Momof5

Still learning myself, so I don’t have any thoughts, but am glad you asked.

Kimberly
            Online Facilitator

Hello – Keep in mind that we aren’t allowed to interpret labs here, but a couple of general comments:

TPOAb is more commonly used to test for Hashi’s. If a patient is hypothyroid (*not* from taking too much ATDs), positive TPOAb can be used to make a diagnosis of Hashi’s. However, for Graves’ patients, a large percentage also happen to test positive for these antibodies, so it is not considered diagnostic.

TRAb is specific to Graves’ and measures both blocking and stimulating antibodies. TSI picks up *just* the antibodies that are causing stimulation.

Hope this helps!

Momof5

So, when heading into remission, is TRAb the one to watch or both TRAb and TSI?

Kimberly
                Online Facilitator

Hello – The current medical guidance recommends TRAb.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.