Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Online Facilitator

Hello – I met one attendee at a conference a couple of years ago. She was taking 1.25 mg of methimazole just twice a week. If she stopped that, she went hyper again. If she took that dose, she was just fine in terms of both labs and symptoms. Her endo was totally puzzled, but finally figured, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”

Raspberry

That’s amazing! So averaged out she was taking 0.357mg of methimazole per day. Wow. That’s encouraging to know!

Naisly

I am currently taking 1.25mg every second day. My labs are in normal range but low.

Raspberry

Good for you Naisly! Do you hold off stopping it because of high antibodies also? Have you ever discussed adding Synthroid to raise your levels? I asked my endo but she rejects it out of hand.

Naisly

I have only been on MMI since this past Sept. I don’t have a endo(fired him). So me and my GP have been teaching each other. I’m sure my TSI is still there, but I haven’t had it tested since the summer, but I do plan to retest here shortly.

If my levels don’t come up with this regiment, I may have to give a quick lesson to my GP about block and replace lol.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.