Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

What a long journey you have been through.

Hello jules. I’m new. Thank you for sharing your story. I haven’t read your blog so I don’t know the latest but I hope with all my heart that things are getting a lot better.

Thank you again for sharing.

Caro :)

Kimberly
      Online Facilitator

Wow, I am so sorry to hear of all that you have been through! Thanks for sharing your journey.

By the way, I am going to edit the link in your post so that it goes to the correct site. The original link had “wrod” instead of “word” and re-directed to a survey. (If other readers would like to open the link, I suggest right-clicking to open the blog in a new window. Otherwise, if you forget and close out of the blog, it will kick you out of the forum, and you will need to log in again.)

Take care — I hope that you are finally back on track to re-claim your health…and your life!

Carito71

Thank you Kimberly. I was wondering why it wasn’t taking me to the correct site. 😎

Jules

Thank you Kimberly for fixing the link. I misplace words and letters now oops. Thank you everyone for your thoughts, yes I a, in the middle of moving. We lost our business in march and now we are losing the house. It’s ok though I have a great family that is supporting us.

VanIsleGal

Jules, how horrible! I am always struck with the fact you have to pay for a doctor or check to see if your insurance covers certain doctors/procedures. As if EVERYTHING isn’t stressful enough! I swear I couldn’t cope with the insurance/pay the doctor thing.

I hope you get better soon xoxo

Jules

So another update. After speaking to one of my 2 surgeons I guess I had a birth defect hole into the ethmoid roof befor my orbital decompression. The issue is that my surgeon did not see this on the pre op scans and when he did the decompression it disrupted the natural barrier that I had their so there was never any leak prior to orbital decompression.

A few people has asked if I would consider legal action towards my original surgeon for the Od or on the others for my eye going blind from the craniotomy or for the radiologist that miss read the MRI scan after OD surgerythe answer to that is NO.

Personally if feel that surgeons are human and they are doing what they love and they are dedicating their lives to saving others lives. As long as there is no malice and they are not blatantly miss guiding patients into surgery, when there is no call for surgery then they can be human just like you and me.

We all strive to be the very best in our profession, to always do what is right. Sometimes there are things that happen that we are not at our best or a situation that you had not thought of appears and blows all of you plans out the window. I give this same thought to surgeons. They are more apt to error on the side of caution then not.

I think that our society has changed in to the “what’s in it for me” mentality. It truly is sad these doctors only have the thought of helping people. But with the change in our society’s Mentality of sue for malpractice, it devastates the Doctor with their medical review, suspension of practice or probation. It increases their insurance needs, raising their cost to preform their job,and there for Increases our medical cost and health insurance cost. So in the long run we all pay for the few that are sue happy on just about anything.

If there is malice that has caused death or dismemberment, YES sue. For anything else we are just screwing ourselfs into higher medical cost.

Just my opinion regarding seeking legal actions aginst a doctor. As long as the problem gets fixed and it gets paid for there is nothing else that needs to happen.

Thank you to all who have keep me In their thoughts and prayers. I honestly believe that the power of prayer is a great assistance to the doctors doing their job and keeping me on an even keel. Thank you.

gatorgirly

I’m sorry to hear this could have been avoided, but I am so glad you have not decided to pursue legal action. Think of all the people you are helping by allowing your surgeon to keep doing what he does, and what he is obviously good at. You’re right that we all try our best. I’m in PR, so if I screw up, a client gets pissed or a reporter stops taking my calls. Not ideal, but no one has died. I could never be a physician, especially a surgeon. People who sue make it harder for the rest of us to get good medical care from someone who simply had a “human” moment and made a mistake. I applaud you. As I am preparing for OD, what scans are you referring to where the hole could have been visible? I had an MRI last week and do want to mention the CSF leak to my surgeon, along with my list of 389 other questions.

Kimberly
                  Online Facilitator

Hi Jules – Thanks for the update! Legal action certainly would have required a significant financial/time/emotional investment on your end. In the meantime, hopefully, the docs/techs involved have reviewed your case and understand where mistakes were made.

Wishing you all the best!

Jules

The scan that the surgeon said he could see it was on a ct scan prior to surgery I had 4 scans prior to surgery that he could view so not sure which one it was.
                      While I am not a radiologist I love looking at films / scans on the computer it fascinates me. I have gone back and I think in one of the scan I can see a small hair line crack in the bone. But i am not sure. The issue is that the scans are slices, and each scan may or may not catch the issue.

My case is different however there are people that have the same issue, possiably from intercranial pressure. The brain just rubs a on the bone and after time the Bone where’s out but the dura which is the bag that holds the brain is you protective cover. It is a very thick material that is water tight adhered to the inside of the skull. On me the surgery ristupted the bone and dura that was protecting my brain. Hence the CSF leak. NOT EVERYONE HAS THIS.

There are many people that have no complications from this surgery. I would not worry about it and do it again if deemed needed. I would just make sure that I have my team of surgeons there to verify that I do not have another issue during the surgery. having a compentent team is what matters.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.