Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I’ve decided that this is not a suitable environment for me and am moving to a less moderated forum with a more integrated approach. I have written to the foundation outlining how I feel the problems that arose for me might best be avoided in the future. I hope some of my posts have helped. I have been greatly helped by the positive and supportive feedback.
      I wanted to say wholeheartedly that I have met some wonderful people here and will continue to keep in touch with them. I wish us all recovery and healing whatever path we choose to get there.

Love Ms Lux

brondack

Don’t let the door slam you when you leave ….

On second thought, I hope it knocks you over.

snelsen

wow, mslux!
          I don’t have enough information right this moment to see our other posts.
          THe most important thing is for you to find the environment that is right for you. I wish you the best of the best. Now, to review some of your posts!
          Shirley

Kimberly
          Online Facilitator

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming of “encouraging, educating, and empowering…”

SueAndHerZoo
              Kimberly wrote:
              We now return to our regularly scheduled programming of “encouraging, educating, and empowering…”

:D ;)

Naisly

All I can say is, I feel ashamed to be part of an organization that treats it’s members this way. To not do anything about it but join in is just so wrong in so many ways. Worse yet, these are SICK people who are depressed as it stands.

This is cyber bullying at it’s worse. Why on earth would you bully a sick person like this?

Quote:
                Don’t let the door slam you when you leave ….

On second thought, I hope it knocks you over.

Like my mother used to say – If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.

Quote:

Kimberly how could you. Your supposed to be a highly respected moderator….

Harpy

I have to agree somewhat to the above post, I tried to log in this morning to no avail just to reply to the first comment, didn’t expect to see more of the same.
                  Not sure why I couldn’t log in as I had no trouble logging in to other sites, anyway.

brondack wrote:
                  Don’t let the door slam you when you leave ….On second thought, I hope it knocks you over.

Totally inappropriate and uncalled for, kicking someone when they’re down is just not on.

Kimberly wrote:

That is a bit snide, considering the entire issue revolved around the censoring of information the catchphrase needs to be edited to read something like:

Quote:
                  “encouraging, educating, and empowering…within the restrictions set by the board

I do understand that there are limitations because of the structure of this forum, but it needs to be recognised that this also introduces a certain degree of frustration for some individuals, I try to stay within the guidelines, but it’s not always that easy and I do not have GD so do not have to deal with heightened sensitivities, so maybe a bit more tolerance please.

brondack

Again, for the record:

I DO have GD and I am extremely thankful for the existence of this well-run and moderated forum. It gives me the opprotunity to hear all different sides of the issues we all face with Graves. And it serves as a vehicle for us, if we feel we have the need, to “vent”. But , in my humble opinion, that “venting” is NOT suppossed to be directed at any named individual. I firmly believe that the moderator does a fantastic job for this forum and there are times that she needs to make a statement regarding a poster’s claim regarding a suppossed cure or test that has NOT been scientifically proven.

One last thing, this issue came to a boiling point because there were some individuals who took it upon themselves to bypass the guidelines of this forum and sen private messages to others, trying to bully them into a decision about treatment. Those receiving the message did the right thing and complained to the Board. That is why the moderator made the post that ’caused’ all the furor.
                    And I give her all the credit in the world for making the policy clear.

But now, let’s get back to the original, intended purpose of this forum – to have a place where we can help each other.

Harpy

Thank you brondack,
                      I do not agree fully with everything you have stated, but I’m not into nit picking, so let’s move on as you said.

I do think that Kimberly does a good job within the constraints that are placed on her, but in saying that I do not always agree with her, maybe it’s her or maybe it’s the guidelines speaking, sometimes I will object other times I just let it roll through.

I am not privy to the actual PM’s that transpired and whether they were innocent attempts to help or whether they could be considered harrasament, I was just surprised to see the disharmony when I logged on after being away on a trip.

snelsen

I did not know about the PM’s. I think I do not want to know what was said.
                        In summary, it seems that mistakes were made. This site, Kimberly, and the people who post, have literally given me hope in the morning, for the past four years, as I woke to another hellish day of TED. It has been my lifeline.

Regarding GRaves, which I had many decades ago, perhaps I have rose colored glasses on when I say this, but it is easy for me wonder if my marriage would have lasted, rather than disintegrating, if I, and my husband, too, had the support and affirmations that this forum provides. I was a totally undiagnosed crazy person with a new baby, for about a year. I wish I’d had a Kimberly in my life at that time, plus many of the posters on this site.

I will be here a long, long time. I have received so much, I want to continue to give back as much as I can.
                        Shirley

vanillasky

And Shirley, just want to let you know, that you have given back a million times. I’m new to this nightmare of Graves’ and I’ve learned a lot from everyone on here. But being sarcastic and disrespectful to the moderator, is just not right!

And yes, I received some whack-a-do PM’s and won’t say who they are from but after going years with a misdiagnosis and then thinking I’ve finally found out what is wrong with me and the possible solution, I don’t need a fly in the oitment. What is it they say: “the power of positive thinking.” That’s what I’m trying to do and this “person” just is so negative and brings me down. Now I see them chasing me around on here and too bad, ignoring a person like this is the best possible thing not to add fuel to the fire. I hope they go away and if they don’t? Well, I’m not going anywhere!

snelsen

Oh my gosh. I am so sorry!
                            Shirley

Kimberly
                            Online Facilitator
                              Harpy wrote:
                              I have to agree somewhat to the above post, I tried to log in this morning to no avail just to reply to the first comment, didn’t expect to see more of the same.
                              Not sure why I couldn’t log in as I had no trouble logging in to other sites, anyway.

We received no recent complaints of outages, but you can always contact info@gdatf.org with any technical issues.

amosmcd

Personally, I laughed out loud at brondack’s reply to MsLux’s announcement she was leaving.

I have been on various forums and in my experience posters who join and within a short period of time create havoc, tension and hard feelings and then leave are TROLLS. Whatever amount of helpful information MsLux gave to the forum was heavily outweighed by the amount of hurt that was created because of her bizarre behavior. I was very glad to see her go.

I am amazed that Kimberly showed the patience that she did and did not kick her off. Kimberly is one person (who also suffers from Graves) moderating a large, busy forum. Unless you think you can do a better job and step up to the plate to join her, I think any criticism needs to be tempered by compassion for what a load she has chosen to bear to help us have a forum at all. I know I could not handle that job at all.

This is all I’m going to say about this sad episode on the forum.

I wish everyone well.

Amy

gatorgirly
                                  amosmcd wrote:
                                  Kimberly is one person (who also suffers from Graves) moderating a large, busy forum. Unless you think you can do a better job and step up to the plate to join her, I think any criticism needs to be tempered by compassion for what a load she has chosen to bear to help us have a forum at all.

+1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.