Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Ms Lux ~ Are you an attorney? From the U.S.? Just trying to figure out how to weight your legal advice. :/

Kimberly
      Online Facilitator
        mslux wrote:
        Moderation should generally be shared amongst a group of at least five people so that no one person would have to either deal with the bulk of the work or have undue input into the discourse.

I would love to have four other moderators here. We used to have a number of very dedicated facilitators here, but sometime, life tends to intervene.

And quite frankly, the negativity from a minority of posters here makes it difficult to *attract* moderators.

If anyone here is interested in becoming a moderator, you can contact the GDATF at info@gdatf.org. We look for people who are knowledgeable, passionate, caring, *and* willing to enforce the guidelines that have been set in place for discussion on this forum.

mslux
          ChristinaDe wrote:
          Ms Lux ~ Are you an attorney? From the U.S.? Just trying to figure out how to weight your legal advice. :/

Hi Christina,

No, I’m a European media worker with a background in research/journalism. Even experienced legal people have difficulty with the area of internet regulation and as it would differ from country to country it’s not a set science.

Naisly

@ChristinaDe
            You don’t need to be an attorney to state the obvious.

Quite frankly, I feel there is a lot of ‘bulling’ going on here.

Raspberry

Can’t we all just get along?

Kimberly
              Online Facilitator

I have been extremely patient up to this point with the derogatory comments on this thread, but I have now reached my limit.

As I have mentioned previously, I have initiated a review of this forum’s guidelines with the GDATF’s Board of Directors. If anyone has input regarding these guidelines, please communicate your suggestions via one of the following formats:

GDATF
                P.O. Box 2793
                Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067

Fax: 877-643-3123

E-Mail: info@gdatf.org

There are many formats to choose from in terms of online discussion boards. All of them have advantages and disadvantages. Anyone who is unhappy with this forum’s guidelines has two choices:

1. If you feel that the benefit you are getting from the forum outweighs the fact that you dislike the format, then by all means, please stay and participate in *constructive* discussion.

2. If you feel that the benefits do *not* outweigh the fact that you are unhappy with the format, then by all means, please feel free to leave and participate elsewhere.

This thread is now closed.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.