pinonbistro

Thanks Kimberly. I have called and messaged my primary care provider and have not heard back yet. Her office called a week or so ago to tell me to get my bloodwork done first and then make an appointment for a physical. It was that bloodwork that showed the increase in cholesterol numbers and TSH. I have asked for a telemedicine visit as I am not comfortable going to my provider’s office given the recent surge in Covid-19 in my community. Hopefully I’ll hear back soon.

I’ve done a little more research and it seems likely that she’ll recommend a wait and see approach to see if the TSH and cholesterol numbers normalize. According to the Mayo Clinic that would be the likely approach for someone who may have early Hashimotos or other subclinical hypothyroidism.

In tracking my bloodwork over the years since my diagnosis with Graves’ in 2002 I noticed that when my thyroid gland is hyperactive both cholesterol and glucose decrease; when it is hypoactive both cholesterol and glucose increase. I’ve seen mention of the cholesterol piece in the literature but not the glucose though both are I think impacted by metabolism which is regulated by the thyroid gland so it makes sense.