SueAndHerZoo

Hi. I’m a blast from the past, and it’s so good to see Kimberly still here and running this place. Thank you for that, Kimberly!

I had my thyroid removed in 2013 and I have learned not to discount ANYTHING as a result of my TSH levels. I am sure I’m in the minority here and try as I might all these years, I can’t find many (or any) other people who are as sensitive to TSH fluctuations as I am. I WISH my body wasn’t so darned sensitive to every tiny little shift! But I’ve been tracking my TSH roller-coaster, the different Synthroid dosages, and the corresponding symptoms that go with it. I find a certain set of symptoms that happen every time my TSH changes (doesn’t seem to matter if it’s going higher or lower, just that it’s changing at all) and one of them is that I have pain in my ovary, just the way I did before menopause. I feel like I’m ovulating, and I even have the discharge that goes with it, but ONLY when my TSH is changing.

I have a ton of other symptoms that happen, and when I start to feel 3 or more of them, I go have blood drawn. What frustrates me is that even the tiniest shifts seem to cause this and, as we all know, there are so many things that affect our levels and change them. So I frequently feel this stuff, and then when I change my dose of Synthroid to solve it, I have to go through another 5-6 weeks of side affects as the TSH changes back to where it should be.

There’s not a doctor I’ve met that will give this any credibility, but we know our own bodies and it’s not coincidence this happens every time. So yes, anything is possible – all of us are individuals and our bodies are wired uniquely.
    Sue