Shmance21
    geckomama wrote:
    Hi all,

Thank you for the nice and detailed replies. Yes, I am on methimazole and propranolol. Unfortunately I have not been back to the endocrinologist because I have been switching to a new one (I was extremely displeased by my current endocrinologist, who was nothing sort of dismissive, rushed, and seriously set up a negative tone for this experience). The majority of my stress is based upon needing a professional to discuss with me my options and will work with me to decide on a method that is best for my lifestyle. But it is such an incredibly tedious process, especially while in grad school. And above all else, I am not coping with the permance of this condition. No matter what treatment I choose, there will always be something wrong with me and trying to hold me back. I am more depressed than I have ever been. I’m expressing these concerns to my boyfriend and family, but I honestly feel like I’m never going to get better! I’m trying to break free of my cynical nature and stress habits to improve my situation.

Hi,

I know this is a pretty old thread with the last post being from 2016, so I’m not sure you’ll even see this. I was just wondering how things turned out for you. I have a similar situation of being diagnosed at 25 years old while I’m in my final semester of grad school and trying to finish up my thesis. I’ve considered the option of delaying my graduation because of how exhausted and cloudy I’ve been, but I really want to try to power through as I am set to graduate in August. I have similar feelings and stress about being affected by this for the rest of my life. I was just hoping to see how things turned out for you since your situation sounded pretty similar to mine. Thanks!