Post count: 231

    Hi, Sue–

    Ha ha ha ha! You told me not to skip my Levothyroxine when I was about to lose my mind, and I listened to you and called the on-call doc instead (because it was a weekend.) Which is a great option, BTW. She dropped my dose from 88mcg to 50mcg, and within 2-3 days I was very improved, symptom-wise. Even that first day, I didn’t rev up like I would after taking the 88mcg. I did not have to get my labs drawn for them to do that. I simply told the doc what I told you guys in my forum post–I refused to take the 88mcg anymore. I was lucky that the on-call doc was very understanding and worked with me. I hope that works for you. I don’t think it’s right that we should have to wait a week to get a med change, whether we’re waiting for lab results or not. Like Shirley said, there are ways to insist on getting a call back.

    Once you get the okay from whichever doc you talk to, you have done the right thing, even if they drop your dose a lot like they did with me. I needed relief immediately.

    I hope you are able to get things changed. Keep us posted and don’t give up!