Harpy

Everyone has an Agenda, whether they care to admit it or not.

The medical system has an Agenda and two of the primary drivers of that are patient care and cost, which unfortunately most of the time are pulling in opposite directions.

I’m sure that most doctors would like to give the best care possible to their patients, but the constraints of the system mean they need to make compromises, this is evident in public debate regarding budgetary measures and within the doctors office with the short duration of consultations.

So with these constraints, it then falls back to the patient to do adequate research if they want the best health outcome possible, so that they can make informed decisions.

Each treatment for thyroid conditions comes with it’s own set of risks, and different options will suit different individuals. From what I read here and elswhere the medical system in general does not have a good handle when it comes to applying any of the three treatment protocols although they all do have their place when applied properly, in my opinion most doctors are behind on current research, primarily because they are time poor, I don’t think they are bad people, but this means that they may not be in the best position to give the most up to date advice.

There are global discrepancies on the way treatment protocols are applied, but there is only one set of scientific data and with this day and age of information at your fingertips, one would imagine that there should be a treatment consensus based on the science available, hence the only way I can explain these discrepancies is that different Agenda’s are driving the preferential approaches in different countries.

If there was global medical consensus based on the current level on scientific information we would not be having this discussion.