DeeColleen

Yes I totally agree with you about the hurtfulness and ignorance, at times I wish I didn’t tell them but I can’t erase that now. The comment that bother’s me the most is when my mother turns away and grimaces when she looks at me. That has definitely shot my confidence level down, I am extremely insecure now..and I despise taking pictures (something I always loved to do). I don’t mind the mushy stuff, I am happy I am not alone. Yes, the eyes are one of the toughest things to deal with and I do think I need a break or a lighter course load. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for your support.

jaqeinquotation wrote:
    Hey,

I think you will find this forum to be a great support with good information.
    I hope you begin to feel better soon. Your family should be ashamed of themselves. I wonder if they have any idea how hurtful and ignorant they were being. Let me stop.
    I’m sure many of us can identify with your story in more than just a few ways. My point is that if you were bearing (did I spell that right?) this all alone, you don’t have to anymore (sorry for sounding mushy) but honestly this forum has been great for me and I’m sure I speak for many when I say, many.

I REALLY hope you find a good endo and a good ophthalmologist. When you find them, if you feel that they’re not the right fit, then get a second opinion. I’velearned that I have to continue educating myself, eating well and being my ‘own’ advocate.

I know all about the eyes too, many of us in this forum do. It’s my biggest challenge to date. Even my most hardest trials, most embarrassing moments could never compare. I’m going through the stages right now and it sounds like you are too.

Kudos to you for tackling your Master’s! If you need a break, then break.
    I hope the link Kimberly posted is helpful for you.

Take care and thanks for sharing your story:)