gatorgirly

VanIsleGal,

I never had fears of the medication not being available, but I’m a brat, so I was annoyed by the fact that I would be inconvenienced having to take my Synthroid before other medications, four hours apart from vitamins and Tums (I had all sorts of GI issues that began a few months before before I started Synthroid), etc.

I have found that putting the next day’s pill on my nightstand with a glass of water makes it very easy. My body naturally wakes me up around 4-5 a.m. on weekdays and 7 a.m. on weekends. When this happens, I reach over, take the pill and a sip of water (not the full glass they recommend), and go back to sleep. Most mornings, I am so asleep when this happens that when I fully wake up, I am surprised when I look over and see the pill is missing. It has become very easy for me to take my Synthroid apart from my other medications. I now take my vitamins and selenium supplement in the evening before bed, and because I take the Synthroid so early, by the time I need Tums (if I need Tums) after breakfast or coffee, it’s usually been four hours or very close to it.

So yes, it may be a little annoying at first, but once it becomes part of your daily routine and you get into the mindset that this tiny little pill makes you feel much better than you’d feel without it, it becomes second nature and you hardly think about it.

Hope this helps!