Kimberly
Online Facilitator

Hello – I read one article in the New England Journal of Medicine that said the cost for a dose of RAI ran around $400-$700, but I’m sure this varies depending on the facility, and I’m not sure if this includes the time of the personnel involved, or just the dose itself. A couple of suggestions…

1. Contact the facility directly about cost and ask if they would offer a discount for upfront cash payment. Some facilities do offer discounts for getting payment ASAP, versus waiting months to get paid by an insurance company.

2. The Patient Advocate Foundation helps patients who are uninsured look at possible options for coverage, so it might be worth contacting them to see if they can provide any additional direction: http://patientadvocate.org/

(Note on links: if you click directly on the above link, you will need to use your browser’s “back” button to return to the boards after viewing, or you will have to log back in to the forum. As an alternative, you can right-click the link and open it in a new tab or new window).

Wishing you all the best!