Carito71
    mickiko wrote:
    Caro – Thank you for sharing your story with me!! Yes, you are right. The main priority is your own health. It would be awful, if you took the risk and then it happened to you. So, I completely understand. It’s a scary thing. I need to read up a little more on what the exact statistics/risks are. I should probably talk to my OB about the risks and Bobbi’s suggestion of talking to a Pediatrician, as they may have seen the results of bad effects. But one of the reasons I don’t want to wait to long is because I already have a 2 year old at home. I don’t want a big gap b/t her and her potential sibling. My brother and I are 5 years apart and don’t have a great relationship with him. He sees me more like a 3rd parent rather than a sister.

Caro, so does that mean you are not yet euthyroid on MMI? How long has it been? My doctor said the usual max is 18 months.

I agree with you, Caro. There is a reason these things happen. There is a reason we got diagnosed before getting pregnant in the first place.

Hello MK,

Talking to a Pediatrician sounds like a great idea. Please let me know what you find out. I understand about not wanting a big gap b/w your children. It is fun having a sibling that is close in age. To answer your question, I don’t know if I’m euthyroid. I’m hoping I’m or that I’m getting close to it. Last time my Endo did labs was about 3 wks ago and back then I was not. My next set of labs is next week so we’ll find out then. I’ve been on Methimazole for 6 weeks now and I’m on 30mg/day (kind of high). I’m so glad you have found us. :)

Caro