CMoore124

I was diagnosed with graves back in 1997. In 2005 after it going hyper for a third time, I reluctantly went on PTU (first tried Tapazole but was allergic) I as severely hyper with every possible symptom both physical and mental. I stayed on PTU for 4 years. At the end of that time I was staying normal for at least 2 years and dr decided to take me off after PTU had a warning on it. I had antibodies rechecked and miraculously they were almost zero. Dr said chance of remission was high. That was October 2010. I’ve been in remission since.

My endo was awesome about not pushing things, and he believed in stress management, healthy living etc. he believed remission was possible. (well known and endo for MANY years) he recently retired and the new Endos I’ve followed up suck. They push RAI and tell me not to get my hopes up for long term remission. I refuse to believe it can’t be possible.

Don’t give up hope and don’t let anyone push you into something your not ready for. You have to do what’s best for you, wether it be surgery or RAI but it should be your decision and you should be comfortable with it