Bobbi

Hi, Darcy: Just a quick comment to something you said in your comment to me — i.e. that you know I’ve had Graves for years. From my perspective, that is not a true statement. And, to all of you out there who want to argue with me, please don’t, because this is my personal take on things. So, yes, I have Graves antibodies. True. But at this point, it is no big deal because I got rid of my thyroid, and I have been healthy….repeat HEALTHY….for 15 years. Replacement hormone works well. So, I don’t really think of myself has “having Graves” the way those of you who are currently battling hyperthyroidism or the eye disease think of yourselves as “having Graves.”

I stick around here on this bulletin board, not because I still consider myself sick, but to give those of you who are in the throes of battle with this nasty disease a bit of hope. No, to give you LOTS of hope. I know how ill you feel, or how downright scared you are with the eye disease. I’ve been there. I was dreadfully ill. But, I am the norm. I am like thousands of other people who, through one treatment or another, got well again. Our treatments work to give us back our health. Please keep that thought firmly in your minds while you are casting about for what treatment option to choose. They are ALL better than remaining hyperthyroid.