Carito71

Welcome to the forum. It is sad that you have to join us but if you are going to have GD this is a good place to get support :)

I’m new too. I joined about a month ago. I’m also on Methimazole 30mg/day. My TSH is almost non existent and my FT4 and FT3 are high. My next appt is in early August when I will get labs as well.

I do feel better at times and tired/non well at others. I do what I need to do when I get the energy and then lay low when I get tired. I know it is hard to do with work but it is good that you are on summer vacation right now. I think our bodies need the time to heal and sleeping is very much needed. I don’t know about you but I had 2 weeks of insomnia and well I still wake up some times at night and can’t go back to sleep so making sure I get my sleep is important.

I hear you. I had to tell my husband the other that I pretend to be normal because that is what everyone else expects but that I’m not … not yet (I’m hoping to be normal one day). He is super understanding but even then he forgets at times that I’m doing everything in my power to carry on with life and GD at the same time. As I write to you right now, I’m struggling with ear problems and I too feel tired. I could probably sleep a couple of hours.

I agree with the other messages though. If you have had a drastic change you should run it by your Dr. I don’t want to scare you but I’ve read that feeling tired when on Methimazole can be a symptom your Dr. wants to know about b/c it could be liver related. Anyway, you are probably just tired from everything. I know I Am but run it by your Dr. Also, I don’t know if your Dr. told you this but while on Methimazole we need to stay away from people with colds, the flu, sick b/c they can pass it to us. Also, we need to stay away from people who have had a live virus vaccine, like Polio vaccine (oral), smallpox, varicella zoster (shingles – Zostavax).

I hope you feel better soon. I know that the Methimazole doesn’t seem to help right away (took me about 3 weeks to start feeling a change) but I’m told that there is hope for a recovery.

Keep us posted.
    Caro :)