Kimberly
Online Facilitator

Hello and welcome to our forum. Yes, this journey is often a “two steps forward, one step back” type of process. HOWEVER, since your symptoms are obviously significantly impacting your quality of life, I would suggest calling your doctor’s office and telling them you would like a new set of labs ASAP. Everyone responds differently to Methimazole, and you definitely want your doc to adjust the dose before you head into hypO territory. It sounds like you are doing a great job of documenting your symptoms, and I would mention *all* of these you your doctor. The more specific you can be, the better. “I need a 3-hour nap to get through the day” is more helpful to a doctor than “I’m tired”.

By the way, your husband might find this bulletin interesting. It’s called “An Open Letter to Husbands Of Graves’ Patients” and was written by the spouse of one of our former volunteers:

(Note on links: if you click directly on the following link, you will need to use your browser’s “back” button to return to the boards after viewing, or you will have to log back in to the forum. As an alternative, you can right-click the link and open it in a new tab or new window).

http://gdatf.org/about/about-graves-disease/patient-education/an-open-letter-to-husbands-of-graves-patients/

Also, if you do a search for “weight” using the search posts feature in the top right-hand corner, you can see that this is a concern for many patients. Having experienced this issue myself (and as a former Weight Watchers leader!), I personally believe that for many of us, there is more to the equation than simple calories in, calories out.

Take care – and please check back to let us know how you are doing!