Online Facilitator
    Post count: 4288

    Hello – If the red rash is on your shins, you might visit a dermatologist to get this checked out. There is a condition called pretibial myxedema that a small number of Graves’ patients experience. It shows up as a red rash on the skin that has a somewhat “pitted” texture, like an orange peel. My understanding is that it’s more irritating than dangerous, although a dermatologist can help with some treatment options.

    Some endos have connections with good ophthalmologists, so that would certainly be worth asking. A good source for connecting with eye doctors is – these are primarily surgeons, but if they can’t do an initial evaluation, they can at least refer you to someone who can.

    Take care!