Anonymous

Dear Pamela,
    I was diagnosed July 25,1995. I took the radioactive iodine in January of this year and that is when my levels started going down. I believe it came back because 1 treatment doesn’t usually do the trick. I hope the one I have this week does otherwise I will need the surgery.
    My remission was a sign of hope. I was able to exercise, decrease my food intake and my eyes went down a little. Then, one day I started to exercise and I couldn’t do it. Then I knew it was back.
    I was on PTU and Inderal the first time. The PTU surpresses the thyroid levels and the Inderal is a betablocker. From everything I have read very few people get well from the medicine alone.
    Honestly, the radioactive iodine wasn’t that bad for me. I was bedridden the day after the treatment and my feet and hands peeled but besides from that it didn’t affect me that bad.
    Take care,
    Denise
    Denise@rapidsys.com
    P.S. Any pointers on how you stay positive would be greatly appreciated, especially for when I look in the mirror and don’t recognize who is looking back.