Anonymous

Bruce:
    Thanks for your response. Yes I have been to three different Opthalmologists. I am frustrated because they all tell me there is nothing they can do for me right now. They want to wait and see how bad it gets before they recommend any surgery. I guess truthfully my biggest frustration and fear right now is that my eyes will get worse and that I won’t ever “look” the same or normal again.

What alternative methods/treatments did you try. I have also considered accupuncture/accupressure, am just now investigating this route. It is very interesting that emotional trauma/stress has been linked to this disease. In fact the last eye doctor I saw described this disease as being one of the auto-immune disorders in which the body “attacks” itself. Apparently what causes the eye swelling is the thyroid producing too much thyroid which causes antibodies in the body that shows up as eye swelling around the eyes causing the eye disorder of this disease. I am very concerned about the double vision I have been experiencing so yes I am seeing eye doctors on a regular basis. Its just so frustrating to learn they can’t do much for me right now. Thanks for your reply and advice. I am trying to learn as much as possible about this strange disease and it is truly helpful to hear advice from other patients going through the same thing.

Take care,

Michele