Anonymous

Pam, After reading this news group I’m sure it is frightening to find out you have GD. It is very important to weigh all your options and find out as much as you can. I hope I can make you feel better by telling you that the RAI made all the difference in the world to me. I went completely hypo afterwards and must take synthroid forever (it’s been about 2 1/2 years) BUT even on days that I’m “under the weather” I still NEVER come close to how miserable I was prior to my diagnosis. I haven’t had any real eye problems and any constant illnesses I suffered in the past have pretty much diappeared. And the real bonus is that I became myself again. I am more in tune with how I feel because now I know how I’m “supposed” to feel. For instance, for the last two months I’ve been more tired than I should be, a little down, and am having tingling and minor numbness on the bottom of my feet. While none of this is disabling, I will probably ask my doc to check my levels. Before, I would have ignored it and figured I was being a baby. Maybe that makes me a bit of a hypochondriac but I’d rather that than to let something that could be fixed go on. Hang in there. I’ll be praying for you. Do not let this disease take control of your life. You take control of the disease!! Julie B.