Anonymous

Shan, just to let you know, in my case I decided to do the iodine and worked out well. I did however have to take home dosages for a month, twice a day. Maybe something to discuss with your doctor. The iodine does make you hypo though. That’s a real downer, no question. The symptoms are just as extreme, but generally the opposite.
    I was fortuate that my Dr. was able to put me on synthroid pretty quick so I didn’t have to deal with the symtoms too long. However, I gained 12 pounds the first month of being hypo. In all honesty, I think part of that was because I had GD for year before I knew it, and just became occustomed to eating Ben and Jerry’s a lot of the time.:)
    It’s been 6 months since I stopped the iodine all together and feel so much better! Of course I still don’t feel as great as I did 2 years ago, but getting there. I did find the muscle pains to be incredibly difficult for a short time. I couldn’t even reach to the back seat of the car for my purse without having to pull over.
    Like I said though, that didn’t last long, and I feel for me, it was worth it. I hope you are able to find what’s best for you.

Michelle D.