Anonymous

Hi my name is Deanna ,
    I stumbled on to your group by accident at work one day and I felt so much better knowing that there are others out there going through the same thing.
    I was diagnosed about 2 1/2 years ago maybe 3 I have been on tapazol and synthroid for most of that time this Oct. I was taken off both to see if my thyroid will act normal so far my tests have come back normal.
    I get tested every 6 wks. my eyes do sometimes look bigger ,and I get the shaking hands once in a while my hair is thinner .My doctor wanted to take my thyroid out or have me drink the the radio active cocktail when he first diagnosed me
    I said no I aksed what the chances were that my thyroid would go back to normal after takeing the medicine he said there was a 10 to20 % chance it would work so all this time I have been saying to my self that I the 10 to 20%
    I’m thinking positive and so far so good the graves was asleep before I stopped the medicine I go back to the lab this Friday to see if its still normal and continue doing that for the next 3 months.
    From the beginning I was determined to beat this thing and still am . It’s nice to know that you are all there andnot just a bunch of numbers and statistics that the Dr. gives you I thought I was alone for a long time till I found you last month.
    I believe remission is possible .
    Deanna in Wishon