Anonymous

Lisa, I can only speak for myself but yes, I have gained 45 lbs. since I took RAI. I did not realize this would happen and about 4-6 mos. after taking RAI and I had gained about 15 lbs. I went back to endro. and she only told me I needed to exercise. I was 35 at the time and had been very active but after taking RAI, I did not feel good right away like some people. It took me about 3 years of feeling like being on a roller coaster with my emotions before things seemed to level out. I now have gained more weight and my eyes look terrible and sometimes I get really depressed at how I look now to compared to my pre-GD days or at least before I knew I had GD. It affected my eyes first and then I was diagnosed. I play racquetball 2 to 3 times a day and walk and cannot seem to lose weight. I might lose 5 lbs. if I starve (500 cal.) a day. I’m sorry this is so depressing-have you thought about trying to level things out with med. first before you take the RAI? I wish I’d had done that although I’d probably still have had to take RAI. Hope you have a understanding and loving family support. Take care! Terri Sue