Anonymous

Sheila,

What you describe is very common among doctors who say the associated problems you
    describe have nothing to do with GD. Some folks continue to have problems and they
    are in a minority but the problems do exist. It is what you do with the problems from
    this point on that matter. One of them is seeing a psycologist. The doc may have came
    across wrong but the advise is valid. Some of the problems we experience is related to
    depression. I am not saying that GD is a depressing disease (yes I am) but it does
    cause changes in body chemistry, functioning and the like and this can cause physical
    depression.

Find a new doctor? Your call! I have switched doctors three times. I would suggest you
    get an endo on your team. I still see my internist but my endo, internist, phycologist and
    eye surgion all keep tabs on my well being and health. The “stigma” of phychrists (?) had
    kept me from going for years and thus kept me from feeling good for uears. It almost cost me
    my family and job. It helped me and statistics prove it helps others. Hope this helped.

Jake