Anonymous

Jake (and others)-

I appreciate your patience with me. I have read the book and read the chapter. I’ll never forget when I read the chapter–prior to that I would have told you that I had no mental side-effects of Graves. Boy, was that denial. I think that I need to go back and reread that chapter again. I think that it will help to refresh.

It is a question of control; and it is so hard to maintain control when everything is flying around you at warp speed. As I have come down over the past couple of weeks, I can sense when the anger is coming and be a little bit more effective in stopping it. When I was so fast a few weeks after the procedure my anger came and went and I didn’t even know it was there until I realized that I was screaming about something. Then I would be so tired from the tirade that I couldn’t hardly get out of bed. It is scarey when we loose control. It is hard to gain it back; but in the long run that leads us back to the mental and emotional balance that we need to maintain to be healthy and whole.

At least I am past the state of denial; and past the severe hyperness that left me paralyzed. From here, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I just have to stay focused and tough so that I can get myself there. I’m sure that there will be other tunnels along my journey, but with each one that I pass through I will hopefully gain more confidence going into the next one.

Thank you.
    Anne