Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hey guys! I’m new to the forum! I was diagnosed with Graves’ disease about 3 years ago at the age of 18. I caught it relatively quickly so most of the symptoms didn’t last long. However, the 2 symptoms I can’t seem to escape are constantly being hot and being tired ALL the time no matter how much sleep I get.
      I notice myself sweating more quickly than anyone around me and find feel like my body struggles to regulate my temperature at night so I wake up about 3 times a night.
      I also get about 7-10 hours of sleep a night depending on the day and then will sleep for another 4-6 later in the day. I still find myself tired throughout the day even if I sleep 12 hours a night. I try not to nap because I know that disrupts sleeping schedules and creates bad sleeping habits.
      I was wondering if you guys had any tips for staying awake during the day or staying cooler at night or during the day? Any advice is appreciated! 🙂

Kimberly
      Online Facilitator

Hello and welcome – this forum is pretty quiet these days, but you might also check out our Facebook group (when you are logged in, search for @gdatf), as you might get some additional responses there. Have you talked with your endo or primary about your symptoms? Fatigue and heat intolerance are classic symptoms of Graves’ (and sometimes symptoms do linger even after levels are normalized) but there can be other causes as well. (Ex: dehydration or certain meds can bring on heat intolerance, and there are sleep disorders like sleep apnea where you aren’t getting restful sleep when you *are* in bed.) Hopefully, your doctor can help you put the pieces together and get your quality of life back!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.