Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi guys!
      I’m new here and I tested positive for hashimotos right after having my child (5 years ago).
      Every year my full thyroid makeup has been normal except now.
      Last month I started to have muscle twitching of the neck (left side) eye twitching (left side) feet tingling constantly, dry skin and I started spotting after just having my period 2 weeks ago.
      I’m 44 so thought it could be early menapause. I was also having heart Palps so I went to the cardiologist who checked by heart and said it was functioning fine but checked my TSH and it was .06.
      Coincidently I took the flu vaccine right before all these symptoms started coming.
      Has anyone experienced a link between the two or is this something that is on the continuum of hashimotos.
      The insomnia is terrible. I’m starved for sleep at night.
      I suffer from anxiety so this is a double whammy.

Kimberly
      Online Facilitator

Hello and welcome – I’ve not seen any research that the flu vaccine suppresses TSH. Is your doctor planning to do follow up labs? If you have normal T3/T4 with suppressed TSH, that’s referred to as “subclinical hyperthyroidism”. It’s usually a “watch and wait” situation to see if T3/T4 go out of range as well. The exception is that your doc might recommend treatment if you are having hypER symtpoms or if you are at high risk for bone loss or heart problems.

yorkv01

Sounds like you’re experiencing auto-immune issues which is what Hashimoto is. I would recommend you see a GOOD Endocrinologist and have them run a blood panel on your thyroid. T3, T4, Free T3 Free T4, TSH and possibly others. You are having symptoms for sure. Personally, as far as vaccines go, avoid them as they may be interfering with your bodies own immune system. That is simply my opinion.

Kimberly
          Online Facilitator

Just a note that the doctors who have presented at our past conferences *do* recommend getting the flu shot.

Kimberly
            Online Facilitator

Just a note that the doctors who have presented at our past conferences *do* recommend getting the flu shot.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.