Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I love being around people. I love to smile and being helpful as much as I could. However, often times I experience mood swings (esp. when the monthly comes) such as run short on patience and real fatique that I do not want to have any social contact with anyone. At work when I become real tired, I just keep quiet and people think I’m having attitude issues. It doesn’t matter how much I explain, they still think I’m bipolar and it really hurts me. Have you ever had mood swings and how do you control it? Thank you very much.

Kimberly
      Online Facilitator

Hello – This video from Dr. Ira Lesser will hopefully shed some light behind the *why* of the mood issues. However, I’m not sure if any of us have figured out how to control them, other than making sure to keep up with meds and endocrinologist visits to ensure that levels stay in range!

helfrey

I can totally empathize with the mood swings. Mine were pretty bad. One thing I found helpful was keeping a food mood diary for a week. I learned that I would be incredibly sad or angry after 18 hours of consuming red meat. It was great to know there were foods that might be exacerbating my moods. I too had the monthly problem. The depression was so bad for 3 days that I just had to put a reminder in my cell phone to remind me that the mood would pass in 3 days.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.