Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello all and I hope you are doing well. I am having a really hard time with Anxiety and I feel very depressed and so easily upset by the smallest things.
      I don’t know what to do. any suggestions?
      thank you all for being here and listening.
      I am on 15 MG Tapazole daily and was Diagnosed over a year ago.
      Take care now, LillyL:)

karebear

First off: you are not alone!
        What I do is in the moment and I feel something very strongly: I try to think logically and objectively. Is it an appropriate response to be horribly upset because the milk spilled? No? I try taking a deep breath and keep thinking logically. How should I react to the milk being spilled? Or feeling like someone’s being mean to me or… whatever.
        I notice that I have a harder time being logical and tend to overreact when I am tired, stressed, and not eating well. So I do my best to make sure I sleep well, eat well, and well, I haven’t figured the stress thing out yet. :)

AmyG

Hi Lilly –
          The littlest things seem to set me off too and I’m extremely moody (my poor family :|). Most of the time I have to actively tell myself it’s going to be OK and take some deep breaths. Do you do yoga? I was thinking of getting back into it once things settle around in my body.
          And like karebear said: you’re not alone :D

Kimberly
          Online Facilitator

Hello – This is a nice piece from the GDATF on the mental/emotional impact of having thyroid hormone levels out of balance.

(Note on links: if you click directly on the following link, you will need to use your browser’s “back” button to return to the boards after viewing, or you will have to log back in to the forum. As an alternative, you can right-click the link and open it in a new tab or new window).

http://gdatf.org/about/about-graves-disease/patient-education/whats-wrong-with-me/

I would definitely discuss this issue with your doctor to get his/her feedback. Have your levels stabilized since your diagnosis? If so, you *should* start to see some relief. If your levels have been stable all this time, perhaps your doc can help you look into another possible cause. You deserve to feel well again!

In the meantime, building some “down time” into your day to focus on activities that bring you joy and give you energy is helpful. Examples might include meditation, gentle yoga, walking, reading, watching funny movies, or attending a live musical or theatrical performance.

Take care!

LillyL

:)Thank you all for your help with my questions. I am goingto take all of the advice and try to work things out. Until next time…take care.
              Lilly

AzGravesGuy

Hi Lilly!

I am sorry to hear you are having bouts of “Grave’s Crazies”. I had a terrible time with anxiety and depression.

What helped me most was realizing it was the hormone doing it and consciously not giving in to the emotions.

I meditate for an hour a day now. Occasionally I need a valium on bad days, but centering my thoughts every day and deep breathing has helped more than the pills.

There are many guided meditations available iTunes and many are also available for free on youTube. Meditation Oasis has dozens of podcast meditations available free on their site. (I use their app) I would encourage anyone to try meditation to control the anxiety.

I hope you find relief soon.

LillyL

Hello all and thank you again for all your help:)
                  It is really somethng to have a place to turn to while feeling so bad.
                  Have any of you tried ST. Johns Wart for Depression or Effexor for anxiety and depression? I am scheduled to see a phyciatrist? next week who will assess me I guess and then see a councellor after that I suppose but I don’t know if I should take the atidepressants I have bees perscribed by my GP Effexor or try St. Johns Wart from the helath food store. I would appreciate any input.
                  Thank you again and have a wonderful weekend everyone<3
                  Lilly

Carito71

Hello LillyL,

I hear you. At times I feel sad and wonder, “why me?”. This disease is so unfair and can get anyone down. I try to get rid of the negative thoughts as soon as possible and concentrate on something positive. I even watch stories of other people who have to experience worst diseases. It helps count my blessings when I see videos of others and how strong they are even after so much.

I agree with Kimberly when she says:
                    “building some “down time” into your day to focus on activities that bring you joy and give you energy is helpful. Examples might include meditation, gentle yoga, walking, reading, watching funny movies, or attending a live musical or theatrical performance.”

I like to also watch funny movies and go to the movies so my husband and I find the time to do so. I also like to read the Bible. All these helps me and I know it is different for everyone so you will have to find the things that help you.

Also, like Kimberly said, having our hormones out of balance can really play a big part on our emotions so talk to your Dr. Make sure you are getting the necessary treatment to get your #s balanced.

Hope you feel better soon.

Caro :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.