Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am three weeks out from orbital decompression surgery. Some sense of pressure in the sinus area. I will return in 4 weeks to U. of Michigan to have this checked and for eyelid surgery.

Couple questions,
      I am still working despite full time double vision now. My company wants me to fly in a small aircraft out of state this week. Is it too soon after surgery since I have not had a post op visit? I will ask my doc, but would appreciate any other comments re this.

Second question-after the orbital decompression surgeries-my eyes are even more asymmetrical. They will do eyelid surgery in April after eye muscle surgery in March. The tissue was really stretched around the eyes due to the protusion and now looks horrible with the fat removed. When they do the eyelid surgery-can they do a cosmetic procedure to remove the loose skin? Or does this come later?

I keep hoping my vision and appearance will improve. Not close to that point yet.

Thanks for the good comments. I always appreciate hearing from others.

Kimberly
      Online Facilitator

Hello – Guidelines on flying vary by surgery, so hopefully, you were able to reach your doctor’s office on this.

One of the presenters at our Boston conference provided a handout that noted that “resculpting” is typically done as a fourth procedure after decompression, strabismus surgery, and eyelid repositioning. However, your own doc should be able to provide you with some more guidance, depending on your individual situation.

Take care!

hope1

Thanks, Kimberly. I appreciated the advice. I thought I might need additional surgery beyond the eyelid repair. I aged a good ten plus years with Graves. Right now, looking forward to eye muscle surgery and no double vision. So-I should not get ahead of myself. Just need some hope that I will look half way normal after all of this surgery.

You do a great job for all of us.

Btinnc

I also live 10 hours away from Kellogg Center in Michigan. Have seen doctor there and recommended orbital decompression, eye muscle surgery and eyelid surgery. I have double vision from Graves and severe TED now. Your last post indicated you were to have muscle surgery in April. Did you and how are you now, any double vision? What are your thoughts about Dr. Douglas and his team? Any info you can give regarding doctors, surgery and stay in Michigan would be great. I need to make decision. Thanks

Kimberly
            Online Facilitator

Hello and welcome! Just a reminder to all that we ask that info about individual doctors be communicated via private message instead of publicly on the boards.

You can send a private message to another poster by viewing one of their posts and clicking on their screen name, which appears to the left of the post. Then click “send private message”, which will appear towards the right-hand side of the screen. The system will “ping” whatever e-mail address they used to sign up to let them know that they have a private message waiting. (You have to be logged in to the system in order to view your private messages).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.